Volunteer Caretaker Opportunities
**The Volunteer Caretaker role is open to trained Volunteer Managers. If you would like to become a Volunteer Manager please search for ‘Volunteer Manager’ and click the register your interest option**
Volunteer Caretakers help to improve our guest experience by keeping our small hostels in tip top condition.
As a Volunteer Caretaker you will fully clean all areas of the hostel after a group stay and prepare it for the incoming group. You can also expect to be asked to complete an additional list of tasks as agreed with the Hostel Manager which could include:
- gardening and grounds maintenance
- deep cleaning tasks and minor maintenance
- allowing any contractors access to the hostel to carry out essential work
- checking equipment and facilities are working correctly and pass any defects on to the supervising hostel
- basic redecoration tasks
- any other tasks required at the hostel
As there are no guests at the hostel you can complete the tasks in your own time but can expect your volunteering tasks to take around 25 hours. Most Caretaker weeks start on a Monday and finish on a Friday. At some hostels you may be asked to meet the incoming group before you leave on the Friday.
You are welcome to take a friend or family member with you and your children or grandchildren. Travel expenses of up to £75 are available.